    it downloads over HTTP. The form accepts data, but am unable to save the
    data back to the server. Any ideas ? Would a web-service help ?

    Chak.
    moko, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Web Services won't help because the problem you are facing is related to
    security. By Default the security policy for Smart Clients does not allow
    you to connect back to the internet to read/write data. Hence you will have
    to use the caspol tool to give more permissions to your assembly on the
    client machine so it can connect back to the datasource.

    Regards,
    Saurabh Nandu
    Saurabh Nandu, Dec 5, 2003

  3. moko

    moko Guest

    Okay, the reason i am using web services is because this application needs
    to be accessed over the internet, and not the intranet. As for using
    'caspol', well, i guess i'll have to go on a learning curve.

    Thanks.

    Chak.

    moko, Dec 17, 2003