Hosting windows forms control in IE

moko

I have a windows forms control, (a user control actually), hosted in IE, so
it downloads over HTTP. The form accepts data, but am unable to save the
data back to the server. Any ideas ? Would a web-service help ?

Chak.

Saurabh Nandu

Hi,

Web Services won't help because the problem you are facing is related to
security. By Default the security policy for Smart Clients does not allow
you to connect back to the internet to read/write data. Hence you will have
to use the caspol tool to give more permissions to your assembly on the
client machine so it can connect back to the datasource.

Regards,
Saurabh Nandu

moko

Okay, the reason i am using web services is because this application needs
to be accessed over the internet, and not the intranet. As for using
'caspol', well, i guess i'll have to go on a learning curve.

Thanks.

Chak.