Hosting winform Controls question.

Dave Brown

Hey all,

I have created a tiny web page to host my winformcontrol. When running this
by default on IIS port 80 it works fine however I want to run IIS on port 90
and it doesnt seem to work correctly.
I changed the IIS port the webserver listens to, and also changed the html
so the port is included in the CLASSID part of the object tag but my browser
does not render the control correctly.
It seems to be able to locate the control as I dont get the usual little
graphic in the top left corner which indicates broken link but an empty box
with a disabled scrollbar.
Anybody seen this before ?
Is there some other confiuration change i have to make ?

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

Have you tried tracing your HTTP traffic to see if anything is 404ing while
you're running from port 90?

--
Thanks,

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager
Assistance and Worldwide Services

Dave Brown

hmm yeah getting a 404 on the dll, even though its in the same location as
the html i'm calling, the html displays, the object doesnt.....