    I am new to java..I am trying to connect to two different users in
    oracle Database by using the JDBC program. Please help me..

    bye bye.

    rajesh, Nov 11, 2006

  2. rajesh

    Rhino Guest

    "rajesh" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi all,
    >
    > I am new to java..I am trying to connect to two different users in
    > oracle Database by using the JDBC program. Please help me..

    Why would you want to connect two different users of a database together?
    I've been using databases professionally for many years and I don't recall
    _ever_ needing to have two different database users connected together. It's
    common to have many users accessing the same database at the same time but
    they are each communicating with the _database_ NOT with each other.

    If you really want two different users to communicate with one another while
    they are using a database, wouldn't it make more sense for them to chat with
    one another (by voice or chat program) rather than to use JDBC? I could
    imagine two users needing to talk to one another while collaborating on a
    database update. For example, one user might be the teller at a bank and
    he/she might need to talk to a supervisor about some aspect of the update
    while it is taking place: the teller might want the supervisor to be able to
    see the data for that customer at the same time and the supervisor might be
    at a different location (working at home maybe) so that both need to be
    signed on separately to see the data. The teller might ask some questions
    and get some advice from the supervisor but I would imagine that they would
    communicate by voice or chat, not via JDBC. Each person would access the
    data independently by JDBC but they would communicate with each other via
    different means.

    --
    Rhino

    Rhino, Nov 11, 2006