HoverMenuExtender and Button

Peter

I have a HoverMenuExtender which contains an asp:placeHolder, this place
holder gets a dynamically created User Control and this control contrains a
Button.

The problem I am having is the Button never fires the click event or event
never gets posted, after I click on the button the HoverMenuExtender
disapears and does not appear until I refresh the screen.

How can I get the Button to fire the server side click event?

Thank You.

Peter

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Quote From Peter =================================================
this place holder gets a dynamically created User Control and this control
contrains a
Button.

Based on my experience, such "event not fire" issue is mainly caused by
adding the dynamically created control in a late phase of the page life
cycle or not adding it on every postback.

Could you send me a demo project so that I can test it to see what the
problem is? My email is (e-mail address removed).

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: HoverMenuExtender and Button
| Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:31:34 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have a HoverMenuExtender which contains an asp:placeHolder, this place
| holder gets a dynamically created User Control and this control contrains
| Button.
|
| The problem I am having is the Button never fires the click event or
event
| never gets posted, after I click on the button the HoverMenuExtender
| disapears and does not appear until I refresh the screen.
|
| How can I get the Button to fire the server side click event?
|

| Thank You.
|

| Peter

Peter

Allen Chen said:
Hi Peter,

Quote From Peter =================================================
this place holder gets a dynamically created User Control and this control
contrains a
Button.

Based on my experience, such "event not fire" issue is mainly caused by
adding the dynamically created control in a late phase of the page life
cycle or not adding it on every postback.

Could you send me a demo project so that I can test it to see what the
problem is? My email is (e-mail address removed).

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

nature are best handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support
Engineer
rights.

--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: HoverMenuExtender and Button
| Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:31:34 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have a HoverMenuExtender which contains an asp:placeHolder, this place
| holder gets a dynamically created User Control and this control
contrains
| Button.
|
| The problem I am having is the Button never fires the click event or
event
| never gets posted, after I click on the button the HoverMenuExtender
| disapears and does not appear until I refresh the screen.
|
| How can I get the Button to fire the server side click event?
|

| Thank You.
|

| Peter

Based on your suggestion I changed the code from adding User Control
dynamically and added the User Control to the parent page and the Button
Click event works now.

Thanks for your help!