How 2 hide RED concurrency violation indicator

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by PaulNaude, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. PaulNaude

    PaulNaude Guest

    I have a concurrency violation which I try to hide. If I can elliminate it,
    so much the better:

    I have a parent and child datatable (datagrids for each). If the user edit a
    record in the parent grid, the child grid has to follow suite. This is no
    problem, but once one try to update the adapters, the parent is updated, but
    when you come tho the child grid, the database has updated the rows allready
    (because of its inherit relationships) and now see that the data adapter
    wants to update the same records.
    Now, although these records are actually identical and do not really need to
    be updated, the database reports a concurrency violation and flags it in the
    datagrid border for my user to see.

    My code is written so as not to take action in such a case but the encircled
    red exclamation mark still remains in the datagrid and if the user puts his
    cursor over it, it states that a "concurancy violation affected 0 records".

    How can I hide this visible indication of the error (or ellminate the error
    in the first place)?

    Hope u can help.
    PaulNaude, Dec 5, 2005