    calculate at a higher level of precision.. is it a special library ?

    Thank you,

    Jack

    Jack, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Jack

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Re: how add the multi, or arbitrary precision capability to perlprograms

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Jack wrote:

    > Greetings, I am trying to work beyond 15 floating pt decimal places in
    > my perl calculations, wondering where to find info on how display and
    > calculate at a higher level of precision.. is it a special library ?

    Have a look at
    perldoc Math::BigFloat

    That might do what you want.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Paul Lalli <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Jack wrote:
    >
    > > Greetings, I am trying to work beyond 15 floating pt decimal places in
    > > my perl calculations, wondering where to find info on how display and
    > > calculate at a higher level of precision.. is it a special library ?

    > Have a look at
    > perldoc Math::BigFloat
    >
    > That might do what you want.
    >
    > Paul Lalli

    Thank you very much .. I tried using this, and not being a Perl
    expert, have a few questions b/c it is not clear...I am running an
    equation that is iterative, and my basic request is to print and
    calculate precision > 15 floating point..So I added this code around
    my critical variables at the top of my program..

    use Math::BigFloat;
    Math::BigFloat->precision(30);
    $x = Math::BigFloat->new($str);
    $x->precision(30);

    And it doesnt provide what I seeking, any tips from the experts out
    there on how to precisionify a program's variables ?

    Thanks and Regards,

    Jack

    Jack, Jun 24, 2004