How advanced is java 1.6 with respect to java 1.1 ?

RedGrittyBrick

Ian said:
oh yes, also the Executor frameworks for concurrency

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our
*three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an
almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst*
our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear,
surprise.... I'll come in again.

Andreas Leitgeb

RedGrittyBrick said:
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our
*three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an
almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst*
our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear,
surprise.... I'll come in again.

I like 1.6's Arrays.copyOf, and can't understand, why such a useful
tool wasn't added long before :) That's just because I had to
backport a small test-class to 1.5, and had to provide a substitute
for copyOf(), whereas I could take all the 1.5-goodies still for granted.

PS: really, I didn't expect the spanish inquisition!