How are you guys getting DocTitle returned from aspx pages?

Mike Dee

I'm new to index server and can't get any DocTitle value back from index
server (it is returned as null) for all my aspx pages. It do get the values
from inside the <title> tags from my static .htm pages just fine.

My aspx pages however are generated from master pages where the title tag is
set dynamically at run-time. So, it seens like index server is just
indexing my raw .aspx and .cs.aspx pages instead of actually running the
page and indexing the resulting page.

How can I get index server to actually execute my aspx pages like a browser
would request the pages so that it can see the real, dynamically generated
content and index that, and pick up the title tag value for DocTitle?

I've been trying to get this answered in the index server group for a few
weeks, as is someone else, but no one there has ideas. Since I assume some
of you are using master pages and run into this same thing with indexing
aspx pages I thought perhaps you'd have some ideas to share. Thanks!!

--- Mike