    senior Guest

    i want to call Windows service from my application

    any suggestions ?

    senior, Mar 27, 2007

  2. senior wrote:
    > i want to call Windows service from my application
    >
    > any suggestions ?

    A Windows service is just a binary so figure out the binary
    corresponding to the service and execute it like any other command.

    Look here
    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=208036&messageID=707019
    to see the Java method used.

    Most services should be started upon the machine booting up and if they
    are not started automatically the Computer Management snap-in can be
    used to start them. Is there something your app is providing that can't
    already be done through the default Windows tools?

    Brandon McCombs, Mar 27, 2007