how can access webService design in visual web developer 2005 as we access from iis server in days o

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kamig, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. kamig

    kamig Guest

    Hey!
    guys i have this annoying question i have upgrade my webService project
    from visual studion.NET 2003 to 2005 but the problem is tht i cant
    access my webService directly from iis mmc by click the .asmx and
    selecting browsing in old days of .net 2003.....it gives an error like
    that user initiated the asp.net process should have access to iis
    metabase....with Microsoft site i download mataacl.vbs with which i try
    to add my username say admin to iis metabase and it show that it accept
    but it dosent work....
    moreover if u used web developer 2005 u notice that it open each
    webService prjct on seprate port say
    "http://localhost:1044/kamiService/controlService.asmx" so u have to
    change web-reference added to any other consumption project, same as u
    can't derive proxy class generated by wsdl in cosumption due to same
    issue...
    i know i right very long but pls help me in detail as it is the last
    part of my final prjct...
    waiting for ur kind regards

    kamig, Feb 14, 2006

  2. RE: how can access webService design in visual web developer 2005 as w

    try to re register aspnet_regiis.exe -i and it should work.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFq?=, Mar 17, 2006