    it was a real hassle to solve. Can anyone tell me what's going on here and
    a good way to fix it?

    --
    moondaddy, Jul 22, 2004

  2. moondaddy

    Landi Guest

    It's showing in the class browser?
    I might not be understanding the question, but why not just delete if it is
    a duplicate?

    --Landi

    "moondaddy" <> wrote in message
    > I have a vb.net asp 1.1 project where when I step through the code behind

    of
    > a page, a new codebehind with the same name appears in the IDE and

    executes.
    > so now I have 2 classes open in the IDE with the same name
    > (BasePage.aspx.vb) I had another project open at the same time which has

    > page with the same name (BasePage.aspx) and somehow it got pulled into the
    > first project. Even after I close both projects and re-open the first one
    > again it pulls in this other class and executes. I saw this once before

    and

    Landi, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Hi Moondaddy,

    From your description, when you're debuging a web page in VS.NET and step
    through the webpage 's code, you found the VS.NET IDE open another
    codebehind file(with same name) in another project which is also opened
    into the current project, yes? If anything I'm misunderstand, please feel
    free to tell me.

    As for the problem does it occur if there hasn't a codebehind in another
    opened project and the filename is the same? Also, does it occur both in
    vb.net or c# project?
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 23, 2004
  4. moondaddy

    moondaddy Guest

    I think it starts happening when there's another project open with the same
    page and code in it (projV1 and projV2). Then after I close the 2nd project
    it still happens and even if I reboot the computer it will continue to
    happen when I put a break point in the same code behind. When the 2nd
    codebehind from the 2nd project appears again in my main project, I can't
    delete it because its not in solution explore, all I can do is close its
    window. It will keep appearing. very bizarre.

    moondaddy, Jul 27, 2004
  5. Hi Moondaddy,

    Thanks for your followup. As you mentioned that the problem will remain
    even if we close the IDE? And the only means you can do is to close the
    window. Does the "window" you mentioned means the tab on the top of the
    VS.NET ide? Then, would you try closing all the opened source window(aspx
    or code behind) in project and then save and close the IDE, restart again
    to see whether the problem occur?

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 27, 2004