how can get other process pid

walker

hi, I want to get other process pid in my program. the other process
name is known, I want get its pid, how can I do?

for example : in my program I call a process named "mpg321" to play a
mp3 file , now I want to stop it by kill it a STOP signal,to do this, I
must know the pid of mpg321 which is running, how can I get its pid ?

any of you help will be appreciated!

walker

Artie Gold

walker said:
hi, I want to get other process pid in my program. the other process
name is known, I want get its pid, how can I do?

for example : in my program I call a process named "mpg321" to play a
mp3 file , now I want to stop it by kill it a STOP signal,to do this, I
must know the pid of mpg321 which is running, how can I get its pid ?

any of you help will be appreciated!

1) This ain't no steeenking chat room. Post your question. Once.

2) It cannot be done in ISO standard C, the topic of this newsgroup.

3) Please post in a forum specific to your particular platform.

HTH,
--ag