How can i add an icon file to the Address Bar (Without bookmarkin

Guest

How can i add an *.*ico file to the Address Bar (Without bookmarking).
I just want to create an ico file and place it on my address bar..i created
an ico file but it isn't working i placed the following code btw the head of
my asp.net page :-
<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="file.ico">
Any ideas?

Matt Berther

Hello Patrick.O.Ige,

The file needs to be called favicon.ico and is referenced like this:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"/>

Guest

Yeah i know how to do that!
But i want the ico to be on my browser all the time like the I.E ico.Not
when i bookmark it.(The one u stated and i'm using is only when bookmarked)
Thanks

Matt Berther

Hello Patrick.O.Ige,

I can only get that working with Firefox. Do you have a URL that modifies the icon in IE?