how can I add .txt files or .pdf files at runtime in my ASP.NETproject

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sethia.prashant@gmail.com, May 14, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Dear programmers/Developers,

    I'm developing a website of e-Learning, I have finished approx 50% of
    my project, now I'm getting problem.

    My website will be accessed by three type of users.
    1. Student
    2. Faculty
    3. Administrator

    All must have user ID and password to access that website.

    problem:
    Admin can add,edit and delete courses runtime. So I have to provide
    such interface by which admin can add course files which will be
    in .txt, .pdf, .html format.

    Please tell me how can I add these files at runtime and where should I
    store these files....
    , May 14, 2008

  2. Jayakrishnan Guest

    wrote:
    > Dear programmers/Developers,
    >
    > I'm developing a website of e-Learning, I have finished approx 50% of
    > my project, now I'm getting problem.
    >
    > My website will be accessed by three type of users.
    > 1. Student
    > 2. Faculty
    > 3. Administrator
    >
    > All must have user ID and password to access that website.
    >
    > problem:
    > Admin can add,edit and delete courses runtime. So I have to provide
    > such interface by which admin can add course files which will be
    > in .txt, .pdf, .html format.
    >
    > Please tell me how can I add these files at runtime and where should I
    > store these files....

    You can use the upload concept and role based authentication. Give
    permissions to the folder in web.config file as follows.

    <location path="UploadFolder/Files">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow roles="Admin"/>
    <deny users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    On upload click. You just check a condition before uploading files.

    If Context.User.IsInRole("Admin") Then
    End If

    thats all.

    Let me know if you have any trouble.

    --
    Regards,
    JAYAKRISHNAN V,
    Jayakrishnan, May 14, 2008

  3. sethia4u Guest

    On May 14, 9:41 am, Jayakrishnan <>
    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Dear programmers/Developers,

    > > I'm developing a website of e-Learning, I have finished approx 50% of
    > > my project, now I'm getting problem.

    > > My website  will be accessed by three type of users.
    > > 1. Student
    > > 2. Faculty
    > > 3. Administrator

    > > All must have user ID and password to access that website.

    > > problem:
    > > Admin can add,edit and delete courses runtime. So I have to provide
    > > such interface by which admin can add course files which will be
    > > in .txt, .pdf, .html format.

    > > Please tell me how can I add these files at runtime and where should I
    > > store these files....

    > You can use the upload concept and role based authentication. Give
    > permissions to the folder in web.config file as follows.
    >
    > <location path="UploadFolder/Files">
    >         <system.web>
    >                 <authorization>
    >                         <allow roles="Admin"/>
    >                         <deny users="*"/>
    >                 </authorization>
    >         </system.web>
    > </location>
    >
    > On upload click. You just check a condition before uploading files.
    >
    > If Context.User.IsInRole("Admin") Then
    > End If
    >
    > thats all.
    >
    > Let me know if you have any trouble.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > JAYAKRISHNAN V,
    > TECHNOLOGY GROUP.
    > iInterchange Systems Pvt. Ltd.,
    > Chennai-40- Hide quoted text -

    can u tell me ur cell no. so that i can contact u?
    I like ur way in which u tell me ur suggetions...

    thanx
    sethia4u, May 14, 2008
  4. Jayakrishnan Guest

    sethia4u wrote:
    > On May 14, 9:41 am, Jayakrishnan <>
    > wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Dear programmers/Developers,
    >>> I'm developing a website of e-Learning, I have finished approx 50% of
    >>> my project, now I'm getting problem.
    >>> My website will be accessed by three type of users.
    >>> 1. Student
    >>> 2. Faculty
    >>> 3. Administrator
    >>> All must have user ID and password to access that website.
    >>> problem:
    >>> Admin can add,edit and delete courses runtime. So I have to provide
    >>> such interface by which admin can add course files which will be
    >>> in .txt, .pdf, .html format.
    >>> Please tell me how can I add these files at runtime and where should I
    >>> store these files....

    >> You can use the upload concept and role based authentication. Give
    >> permissions to the folder in web.config file as follows.
    >>
    >> <location path="UploadFolder/Files">
    >> <system.web>
    >> <authorization>
    >> <allow roles="Admin"/>
    >> <deny users="*"/>
    >> </authorization>
    >> </system.web>
    >> </location>
    >>
    >> On upload click. You just check a condition before uploading files.
    >>
    >> If Context.User.IsInRole("Admin") Then
    >> End If
    >>
    >> thats all.
    >>
    >> Let me know if you have any trouble.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> JAYAKRISHNAN V,
    >> TECHNOLOGY GROUP.
    >> iInterchange Systems Pvt. Ltd.,
    >> Chennai-40- Hide quoted text -

    > can u tell me ur cell no. so that i can contact u?
    > I like ur way in which u tell me ur suggetions...
    >
    > thanx

    Thanks, I m available online most of the time.

    Jayakrishnan, May 14, 2008