How can I bundle a PyGTK program in windows so my users don't need toinstall Python or the GTK+ libs

Discussion in 'Python' started by Waspinator, Aug 16, 2010.

  1. Waspinator

    Waspinator Guest

    I found this question on http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?file=faq21.005.htp&req=show
    but the answer did not help me.

    For example I have a simple program below that I would like to
    'compile' with py2exe (or anything else if it's simpler) to run in
    windows as a single bundled executable file with no installation (no
    INNO setup), and no requirements for gtk or python installations. I
    doesn't matter if the .exe file is 30 MB to only display a hello world
    app, as long as it works. (although the smaller the better)

    The application already works in my windows test environment because I
    have installed python 2.6 with pygtk and a gtk bundle.

    Can someone please provide some simple and clear instructions on how I
    can do this?

    Thanks,

    Waspinator

    simple.py
    import gtk

    window = gtk.Window()
    window.set_title("PyGTK Test Window")
    window.connect("destroy", gtk.main_quit)
    window.show_all()

    gtk.main()
    Waspinator, Aug 16, 2010