How can I call a python method from the XML-RPC client in Java?

evelyne0510

Hi all,
I have created a XML-RPC model (with server and client) written in
Java.
I want to call the methods in another XML-RPC model written in
Python.
I know that in Java, I can use like
"xmlrpc_client.excute("handler_name.method", param)" to call the
methods in my xml-rpc server written in java.
But how can I call the methods in Python? I cannot creat a handler
in my Python XML-RPC server.....

Is there anyone able to help me? I would be very appreciate!
Thanks!

Evelyne

Johnny deBris

Hi all,
I have created a XML-RPC model (with server and client) written in
Java.
I want to call the methods in another XML-RPC model written in
Python.
I know that in Java, I can use like
"xmlrpc_client.excute("handler_name.method", param)" to call the
methods in my xml-rpc server written in java.
But how can I call the methods in Python? I cannot creat a handler
in my Python XML-RPC server.....
Not sure what you mean by 'creating a handler in your Python RPC
server', but if you just want to use the Python XMLRPC library to make a
call to an XMLRPC server, there's an example in the documentation:

http://docs.python.org/lib/xmlrpc-client-example.html

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Guido

Eric Brunel

Hi all,
I have created a XML-RPC model (with server and client) written in
Java.
I want to call the methods in another XML-RPC model written in
Python.
I know that in Java, I can use like
"xmlrpc_client.excute("handler_name.method", param)" to call the
methods in my xml-rpc server written in java.
But how can I call the methods in Python? I cannot creat a handler
in my Python XML-RPC server.....

I'm not quite sure I understand the question. You seem to say that you
have both a client and a server in Java, and Python server. That means one
client and 2 servers, right? Are both servers up and running? IOW, do you
have a problem to *call* the Python server from the Java client, or to
*write* the Python server? Can you post some code (maybe not the full one,
but a simpler version showing what you're trying to do and what does not
work)?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Hi all, I have created a XML-RPC model (with server and client)
written in Java. I want to call the methods in another XML-RPC model
written in Python. I know that in Java, I can use like
"xmlrpc_client.excute("handler_name.method", param)" to call the
methods in my xml-rpc server written in java. But how can I call the
methods in Python? I cannot creat a handler in my Python XML-RPC
server.....

Is there anyone able to help me? I would be very appreciate!

It's not clear to me what you are trying to do: Do you want to
know how to write certain Java code (as the subject line
suggests), or how to write certain Python code (as "I cannot
create a handle in my Python XML-RPC server" suggests").

I'm going by the subject: As a first step, please try calling
the demo server in SimpleXMLRPCServer in Java. To do this,
start the demo servre, point your Java client to
http://localhost:8000/RPC2, and invoke
xmlrpc_client("add", new args[]{1, 2}) (or some such, I'm not sure
how parameter passing in your library works).

You are right that there typically is no "handler" in Python,
so you just omit the handler_name part of the method string.

Regards,
Martin