end

def Bar.foo
#Do something
#I want to call foo now
#And call bye
#...
end

is there anything i can to to solve the problem

Josh Cheek

it's like this
module Bar
def foo
puts 'hello'
end
def bye
puts 'bye'
end
end

def Bar.foo
#Do something
#I want to call foo now
#And call bye
#...
end

is there anything i can to to solve the problem

I won't advocate this as a solution, but it does seem to meet your
criterion.

module Bar
def foo
puts 'hello'
end
def bye
puts 'bye'
end
end

# Extends Bar's singleton class with its own instance methods
p (class << Bar ; self ; end).ancestors
Bar.extend Bar
p (class << Bar ; self ; end).ancestors

# since Bar is now an ancestor of itself, we can call super from within
class methods
def Bar.foo
puts "doing something"
super
bye
end

Bar.foo

Robert Klemme

it's like this
module Bar
def foo
puts 'hello'
end
def bye
puts 'bye'
end
end

def Bar.foo
#Do something
#I want to call foo now
#And call bye
#...
end

is there anything i can to to solve the problem

It does not really make sense since the first #foo you define is an
instance method while the latter is a class method. When you have a
class you do not have an instance available so on what instance would
you intend to invoke #foo on? It can only work the other way round: you
have the instance method invoking the class (module) method.

module Bar
def self.foo
puts "module method"
end

def foo
puts "instance method"
Bar.foo
end
end

irb(main):011:0> o = Object.new.extend Bar
=> #<Object:0x910a418>
irb(main):012:0> o.foo
instance method
module method