How can i call the exe file in webapp

Raghu Raman

Hi,

I want to run the calculator.exe file from my c# webapp.I did this by
using the hyperlink control and the location of the exe is the navigate
url and is working nice.

But it gives the dialog box telling ,'one or more files can harm your
computer ...' since it is opening on the IE. if i click the open button
the calc.exe is opened.

i want to eliminate /deactivate the asking dialog box and directly open
the calculator exe thru c# webapp .

Could u please tell me how can i do that.

Regards
Raghu

Kevin Spencer

i want to eliminate /deactivate the asking dialog box and directly open
the calculator exe thru c# webapp .

Could u please tell me how can i do that.

Sure. Design your own browser.

Existing browsers will not allow executable files to be downloaded without
acknowledgement from the user for security reasons. An executable file
downloaded from some server somewhere is a big security risk!

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Raghu Raman

Dear Spencer,
thx.

But your solution seems to be the Earth in size , Since am a new bie to
browser designing.

Could you pls tell me how can i design my own browser.

a drop in the ocean
Raghu

Kevin Spencer

Could you pls tell me how can i design my own browser.

Never designed one, sorry. It was a joke. I meant that no browser that is
available today will do what you want.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Patrice

You can't. It would mean a website can execute an EXE file without the
permission of the user.

Moreover I believe that with XP SP2 you can't launch local content (even an
local HTML page) from a web site that is in the Internet zone (and I believe
the user can't change this but can put your site into another zone but once
again it requires some action).

Welcome to the Wonderfull Web World ;-)

Patrice