    Does anybody have an idea how can I catch this with JavaScript?

    Thank you very much for your answerz
    John

    John, Mar 1, 2005

  2. John

    Grant Wagner Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I have to catch the "back" browser's functionality from the menu. I
    > already can catch the key-stroke combination for IE + NS/Firefox and
    > inactivate the mouse right-button,

    You just think you can.

    > but I still have to catch the event
    > of the browser's "back" functionality from the menu bar.

    You can't.

    > Does anybody have an idea how can I catch this with JavaScript?

    The closest you can come is <body onunload="..."> and you have no way of
    determining what user action caused that event.

    > Thank you very much for your answerz

    You're welcome.

    --
    Grant Wagner <>

    Grant Wagner, Mar 1, 2005

  3. John wrote:

    > I have to catch the "back" browser's functionality from the menu.

    You can't. You can only tell that the user has left the page, not where they
    have gone.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Mar 1, 2005
  4. John

    Randy Webb Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have to catch the "back" browser's functionality from the menu.

    Then you need to rethink your requirements as you can't do what you are
    wanting to do.

    > I already can catch the key-stroke combination for IE + NS/Firefox and
    > inactivate the mouse right-button

    Nah, you just think you can. And thats not to mention Opera where you
    can not even disable the context menu. What exactly are you trying to hide?

    > but I still have to catch the event of the browser's "back" functionality from the menu bar.

    You can't.

    > Does anybody have an idea how can I catch this with JavaScript?

    Start by reading this groups FAQ, via signature below, and repost and
    explain what it really is that you are trying to accomplish other than
    to annoy the *(@!# out of your visitors.

    > Thank you very much for your answerz

    Anytime.

    --