How can I catch the "back" from the browser's menu ? (IE+NS)

John

Hi,
I have to catch the "back" browser's functionality from the menu. I
already can catch the key-stroke combination for IE + NS/Firefox and
inactivate the mouse right-button, but I still have to catch the event
of the browser's "back" functionality from the menu bar.

Does anybody have an idea how can I catch this with JavaScript?

Thank you very much for your answerz
John

Grant Wagner

John said:
Hi,
I have to catch the "back" browser's functionality from the menu. I
already can catch the key-stroke combination for IE + NS/Firefox and
inactivate the mouse right-button,

You just think you can.
but I still have to catch the event
of the browser's "back" functionality from the menu bar.

You can't.
Does anybody have an idea how can I catch this with JavaScript?

Thank you very much for your answerz

You're welcome.

David Dorward

John said:
I have to catch the "back" browser's functionality from the menu.

You can't. You can only tell that the user has left the page, not where they
have gone.

Randy Webb

John said:
Hi,
I have to catch the "back" browser's functionality from the menu.

Then you need to rethink your requirements as you can't do what you are
wanting to do.

I already can catch the key-stroke combination for IE + NS/Firefox and
inactivate the mouse right-button

Nah, you just think you can. And thats not to mention Opera where you
can not even disable the context menu. What exactly are you trying to hide?

but I still have to catch the event of the browser's "back" functionality from the menu bar.

You can't.
Does anybody have an idea how can I catch this with JavaScript?

Start by reading this groups FAQ, via signature below, and repost and
explain what it really is that you are trying to accomplish other than
to annoy the *(@!# out of your visitors.
Thank you very much for your answerz

Anytime.