how can i change disabled background on all form elements ?

Randy Webb

Mel said the following on 2/28/2006 10:55 PM:
how can i change disabled background on all form elements ?

First you have to explain what a "disabled background" is. Assuming that
your form elements are disabled and you don't want the "grey" disabled
view of it, you can loop through the form elements and set them to
enabled, or disabled to false. Search the archives.

Mel

thanks for you for your very informative reply.

1) if i enable them according to your wise recommandation, they are not
disabled are they ?
2) what part of my quesiton you did not understand. what does disabled
form elements mean to you ?
3) if you have nothing to say, then please dont

My original question was and is :

Mel said the following on 3/1/2006 6:51 PM:
thanks for you for your very informative reply.

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers. said:
1) if i enable them according to your wise recommandation, they are not
disabled are they ?
Correct.

2) what part of my quesiton you did not understand. what does disabled
form elements mean to you ?

Disabled form elements means they are disabled. I did not question that.
I questioned what you meant by "disabled background". Literally, that
means the background is disabled.
3) if you have nothing to say, then please dont

If you can't concisely ask your question, then please don't bitch about
the answers you get.
My original question was and is :
"how can i change disabled background on all form elements ? "

And you still have not explained what you mean.

I *think* what you want is to change the appearance of a disabled form
element? You use CSS for that.
news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets is the place to ask that

RobG

Mel said:
thanks for you for your very informative reply.

1) if i enable them according to your wise recommandation, they are not
disabled are they ?
2) what part of my quesiton you did not understand. what does disabled
form elements mean to you ?
3) if you have nothing to say, then please dont

My original question was and is :
"how can i change disabled background on all form elements ? "

What does this have to do with JavaScript? Ask in:

Before you do, note that the HTML 4 specification defines a disabled
attribute for the following elements: BUTTON, INPUT, OPTGROUP, OPTION,
SELECT, TEXTAREA.

Form elements don't have a disabled attribute, though some browsers may
support it

In some browsers, a disabled element does not have a grey background,
though the text (if any) that is in the element is usually grey instead.

If you intend to changing the colour using CSS, not all browsers support
styles on all elements, e.g. older versions of Safari do not allow
styling of the elements listed above (though I think the latest version
does).