How can I change encoding in a VB.Net webservice?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by JAA, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. JAA

    JAA Guest

    I have made a webservice which spits out some XML data. This
    data gets the processing-instruction:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="uft-8"?>

    Is it possible to change the encoding of this processing-
    instruction to e.g. "ISO-8859-1"? I've tried the following,
    without any results:

    Context.Response.ContentEncoding =
    System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("ISO-8859-1");

    I have also tries to change the following lines in Web.config:

    <globalization requestEncoding="ISO-8859-1" responseEncoding="ISO-8859-1" />

    But, this also make the same result.

    Thanks for any help in advance. :)
    JAA
    JAA, Sep 22, 2005