How can I change the case of the first letter in the string in xslt

Suppose I have a xml

<class>
<Name>Good</Name>
<Name>bad</Name>
</class>

I hava the xsl

<xsl:template match="Class">
<xsl:for-each select=".\Name">
<xsl:value-of select=".\">
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

it will print out

Good
bad.

But what I want is:

good
Bad

How can I change the case of the first letter?

Thanks,

qq

Dimitre Novatchev

f said:
Suppose I have a xml

<class>
<Name>Good</Name>
<Name>bad</Name>
</class>

I hava the xsl

<xsl:template match="Class">
<xsl:for-each select=".\Name">

This is wrong -- probably you meant just "Name"
<xsl:value-of select=".\">

This is wrong -- probably you meant just "."
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

it will print out

Good
bad.

But what I want is:

good
Bad

How can I change the case of the first letter?

Use:
concat(translate(substring(., 1, 1),
concat($lower, $upper),
concat($upper, $lower)
),
substring(., 2)
)

where $lower and $upper are xsl:variable s defined like this:

<xsl:variable name="lower" select="'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'"/>

<xsl:variable name="upper" select="'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'"/>

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.