how can I change the http_referer when using response.redirect

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by alex p, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. alex p

    alex p Guest

    I have create a website that links to other websites, using a
    response.redirect("URL_OF_WEBSITE")
    For some reason I have managed to get on top at Google, with these pages
    that only redirect to a website of an affiliate program of mine.

    The problem now is that the affiliate program thinks that Google is the
    referer instead of me. What can I do to prevent this.

    Is there a way to somehow alter the change the HTTP_REFERER when I use
    Response.redirect?

    This is an example: <a
    href="http://www.willemstad.net/Autoverhuur+Portal+van+Curacao.1009.htm"
    >http://www.willemstad.net/Autoverhuur+Portal+van+Curacao.1009.htm</a>

    Regards,

    Alex

    alex p, Jan 8, 2005

  2. alex p

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    If they click the link on Google, Google *is* the referrer.

    If you don't want your referring pages listed in search engines add <meta
    name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> to the pages you don't want
    indexed.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jan 8, 2005

  3. alex p

    alex p Guest

    Of course I'm the referer and not Google, they come to my website which
    then redirects them to the affiliate program.

    alex p, Jan 9, 2005