How can I check site on older browsers (downloaded IE7)

Stephen

Hi

I am using Visual Web Developer Express 2005.

To check to see if web sites look okay I use
IE6 and Firefox v1.5.07

Today I downloaded IE7 - now I can't see how
my site will look for most people using IE6.

Does anyone know how to use/check web sites
via older browsers?

Will IE7 react that differently from IE6
(from a developers viewpoint)?

Many thanks in advance - Stephen

Mark Rae

Does anyone know how to use/check web sites
via older browsers?

I use Virtual PC. I have a virtual machine running WinXP on which are
installed IE6, FireFox 2.0, Netscape 8.12, Opera 9.03 and Mozilla 1.7.3

You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

It's free software, but you will obviously need a separate licence for
everything you install on it, including Windows...
Will IE7 react that differently from IE6
(from a developers viewpoint)?

Basically, count the days until IE7 has wiped IE6 off the face of the
planet, discontinue any further support for IE6, and completely forget about
it.

You say you use IE6 and FireFox to verify your sites now - how soon after
the release of IE6 did you stop validating your sites on IE5.x...?