How can I cleanup HTML files?

jen

I have some rather large HTML files that are all left justified. As you
would imagine, they are a bear to read. Is there some type of
app/utility that you can run files against that will indent, line-up
tags, etc...?

Thanks folks....I appreciate your time.

Adrienne Boswell

I have some rather large HTML files that are all left justified. As you
would imagine, they are a bear to read. Is there some type of
app/utility that you can run files against that will indent, line-up
tags, etc...?

Thanks folks....I appreciate your time.

HTML Tidy will do it.

Nico Schuyt

jen said:
I have some rather large HTML files that are all left justified. As
you would imagine, they are a bear to read. Is there some type of
app/utility that you can run files against that will indent, line-up
tags, etc...?

Clean the pages with 'Detagger' ( http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/ ) and
apply CSS for styling.

Frank Olieu

_Nico Schuyt_ skrev | wrote | écrivit (29-05-2006 09:08):
Clean the pages with 'Detagger' ( http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/ ) and
apply CSS for styling.

I think the op was talking about the /code/ itself, so Tidy would be the way to go.
Tidy is a command line app, but:

- There is a Tidy implementation in the Firefox extension 'HTML Validator',
where cleaning and indenting can be done from the browser itself:
http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/

- There is also a GUI for Tidy (TidyGui). Se http://tidy.sourceforge.net/ for
reference.