how can i compile gaim souce code in win2k

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Skarmander, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. Skarmander

    Skarmander Guest

    [OT] Re: how can i compile gaim souce code in win2k

    papaya wrote:
    > hi all
    > i download the gaim source code. http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
    > but i don't know how to compile it . i down the nsis-2.10.exe
    > i load gaim-installer.nsi in nsis.

    <snip>

    This has nothing to do with C. The Gaim FAQ is here:
    http://gaim.sourceforge.net/faq.php. If that doesn't answer your
    question, look for some other appropriate forum. You're unlikely to find
    answers here.

    S.

    Skarmander, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Skarmander

    papaya Guest

    hi all
    i download the gaim source code. http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
    but i don't know how to compile it . i down the nsis-2.10.exe
    i load gaim-installer.nsi in nsis.
    env
    os windows 2k
    c++ compiler MinGWStudio
    nsis2.10

    fail log file

    SetOutPath: "$INSTDIR"
    SetOverwrite: on
    File: Returning to: ".\win32-install-dir"
    File: ".\win32-install-dir\*.*" -> no files found.
    Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
    /oname=outfile one_file_only)
    Error in script "D:\gaim-1.5.0.tar\gaim-1.5.0\gaim-1.5.0\gaim-installer.nsi"
    on line 422 -- aborting creation process

    gaim-installer.nsi

    gaim_install_files:
    SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
    ; Gaim files
    SetOverwrite on
    line 422 File /r .\win32-install-dir\*.*
    !ifdef DEBUG
    File "${GAIM_INSTALLER_DEPS}\exchndl.dll"
    !endif

    :( what shall i do? thank you

    papaya, Nov 11, 2005

  3. In article <dl2bqv$220$>, papaya <> wrote:
    >hi all
    > i download the gaim source code. http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
    >but i don't know how to compile it . i down the nsis-2.10.exe
    >i load gaim-installer.nsi in nsis.
    >env
    >os windows 2k
    >c++ compiler MinGWStudio
    >nsis2.10

    Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Kenny McCormack, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Skarmander

    Skarmander Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > In article <dl2bqv$220$>, papaya <> wrote:
    >
    >>hi all
    >> i download the gaim source code. http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
    >>but i don't know how to compile it . i down the nsis-2.10.exe
    >>i load gaim-installer.nsi in nsis.
    >>env
    >>os windows 2k
    >>c++ compiler MinGWStudio
    >>nsis2.10

    > Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Please do not continue to post these messages verbatim; they are not
    helpful and annoying to read. Consider including a link to the FAQ or
    the welcome message if you do not address the messages individually.

    If you feel you must post messages like these, please consider altering
    the subject (adding "[boilerplate]" or something like that) so I can
    filter them out. My only alternative is to filter out every message from
    you, which I do not like to do in general. I dislike wasting my time on
    spam even more, however.

    For the record: other posters' opinions on this matter are known and I
    don't need to hear them again.

    S.

    Skarmander, Nov 11, 2005