How can i create an editor for JAVA by using swing???

rahul.chaukse

Hi,

I just want to know that how can i create an edtor for JAVA by using
swing?

Is it possible????

We have JEditorPane for HTML & RTF but how we can use same for JAVA??

Or should i use something different???

Christian

Hi,

I just want to know that how can i create an edtor for JAVA by using
swing?

Is it possible????

We have JEditorPane for HTML & RTF but how we can use same for JAVA??

Or should i use something different???
Why reinvent the wheel?
where is already Netbeans out there and eclipse to edit java.. and some
other IDE..

if you want to implemnt an editor for java then you need a tool that
analyses the AST of your java class for coloring...

if you want to do that yourself.. may be you should have a look at
ANTLR that program may help you a lot..

but probably you would do better if you look into an open source ide
like eclipse and use their code..

christian