    input text, and if there's a way the text in that cell can wrap and
    expand new lines within that cell as needed so that all of it will
    display in a print preview. Thanks.
    M.L., Apr 29, 2010

  2. M.L.

    Evertjan. Guest

    M.L. wrote on 29 apr 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > I created a dynamic-table invoice form that works well except for the
    > area where I enter the item description. My problem is that the
    > table's input form field only widens to about 75% of the column width.
    > Even worse, when I print the form it only shows the text within the
    > visible input area.
    >
    > I want to know if there's a way to use the entire column width to
    > input text, and if there's a way the text in that cell can wrap and
    > expand new lines within that cell as needed so that all of it will
    > display in a print preview. Thanks.

    This can be done with CSS, OT in this Javascript NG.

    try:

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 29, 2010

  3. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >> I created a dynamic-table invoice form that works well except for the
    >> area where I enter the item description. My problem is that the
    >> table's input form field only widens to about 75% of the column width.
    >> Even worse, when I print the form it only shows the text within the
    >> visible input area.
    >>
    >> I want to know if there's a way to use the entire column width to
    >> input text, and if there's a way the text in that cell can wrap and
    >> expand new lines within that cell as needed so that all of it will
    >> display in a print preview. Thanks.

    >This can be done with CSS, OT in this Javascript NG.
    >
    >try:

    All the Google researching I've done on this problem pointed to
    scripted solutions using Ajax, Javascript, ASP or VB. And none of them
    did exactly what I wanted. I'd greatly appreciate a link to specific
    CSS-only instructions that show me how to dynamically expand a text
    box or textarea vertically as I type.
    M.L., May 1, 2010
  4. M.L.

    VK Guest

    On May 1, 10:35 am, M.L. <> wrote:
    > All the Google researching I've done on this problem pointed to
    > scripted solutions using Ajax, Javascript, ASP or VB. And none of them
    > did exactly what I wanted. I'd greatly appreciate a link to specific
    > CSS-only instructions that show me how to dynamically expand a text
    > box or textarea vertically as I type.

    The answer is already given by Evertjan: for CSS-only questions ask at
    ciwas:
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
    If your Usenet server doesn't have a subscription to that newsgroup
    use Google Groups interface instead:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets/topics

    I would expect that the answer is "no" as textarea display area
    doens't have CSS interfaces to say: "scrollbar off, expand as typed".
    Yet I might be mistaken. Ask at ciwas, don't reproduce that old
    anecdote:
    "01:00am. A phone call. An unknown voice:
    - Man, what weather is to be today?
    - Am I a forecast service?!
    - No, but com'on, didn't you listem TV last night?
    "

    :)
    :-|

    I would assume that there is not such solution because textarea form
    element display area
    VK, May 1, 2010
  5. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >> I created a dynamic-table invoice form that works well except for the
    >> area where I enter the item description. My problem is that the
    >> table's input form field only widens to about 75% of the column width.
    >> Even worse, when I print the form it only shows the text within the
    >> visible input area.
    >>
    >> I want to know if there's a way to use the entire column width to
    >> input text, and if there's a way the text in that cell can wrap and
    >> expand new lines within that cell as needed so that all of it will
    >> display in a print preview. Thanks.

    >This can be done with CSS, OT in this Javascript NG.
    >
    >try:

    I tried them and they resolved my problem using Javascript.
    M.L., May 2, 2010