How can I create dynamic input or textarea?

M.L.

I created a dynamic-table invoice form that works well except for the
area where I enter the item description. My problem is that the
table's input form field only widens to about 75% of the column width.
Even worse, when I print the form it only shows the text within the
visible input area.

I want to know if there's a way to use the entire column width to
input text, and if there's a way the text in that cell can wrap and
expand new lines within that cell as needed so that all of it will
display in a print preview. Thanks.

Evertjan.

M.L. wrote on 29 apr 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
I created a dynamic-table invoice form that works well except for the
area where I enter the item description. My problem is that the
table's input form field only widens to about 75% of the column width.
Even worse, when I print the form it only shows the text within the
visible input area.

I want to know if there's a way to use the entire column width to
input text, and if there's a way the text in that cell can wrap and
expand new lines within that cell as needed so that all of it will
display in a print preview. Thanks.

This can be done with CSS, OT in this Javascript NG.

try:

M.L.

This can be done with CSS, OT in this Javascript NG.

try:

All the Google researching I've done on this problem pointed to
scripted solutions using Ajax, Javascript, ASP or VB. And none of them
did exactly what I wanted. I'd greatly appreciate a link to specific
CSS-only instructions that show me how to dynamically expand a text
box or textarea vertically as I type.

VK

All the Google researching I've done on this problem pointed to
scripted solutions using Ajax, Javascript, ASP or VB. And none of them
did exactly what I wanted. I'd greatly appreciate a link to specific
CSS-only instructions that show me how to dynamically expand a text
box or textarea vertically as I type.

The answer is already given by Evertjan: for CSS-only questions ask at
ciwas:
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
If your Usenet server doesn't have a subscription to that newsgroup
use Google Groups interface instead:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets/topics

I would expect that the answer is "no" as textarea display area
doens't have CSS interfaces to say: "scrollbar off, expand as typed".
Yet I might be mistaken. Ask at ciwas, don't reproduce that old
anecdote:
"01:00am. A phone call. An unknown voice:
- Man, what weather is to be today?
- Am I a forecast service?!
- No, but com'on, didn't you listem TV last night?
"

:)
:-|

I would assume that there is not such solution because textarea form
element display area