    giving the button_click event of my webpage where i capture the data?
    Thanks in advance
    Prady

    prady, Dec 29, 2007

  2. prady

    Ian Semmel Guest

    You can add your own functions to your custom membership provider class.

    If your custom membership provider is say MyCustomProvider, you can get a
    reference to that by

    MyCustomProvider mcp = (MyCustomProvider) Membership.Provider;

    You can then call mcp.DoMyCreateUser(...) etc.

    Ian Semmel, Dec 29, 2007

  3. prady

    Phil H Guest

    Re: How can i create new users without utilizing the create userwizar

    On 29 Dec, 19:48, "Ian Semmel" <> wrote:
    > You can add your own functions to your custom membership provider class.
    >
    > If your custom membership provider is say MyCustomProvider, you can get a
    > reference to that by
    >
    >   MyCustomProvider mcp = (MyCustomProvider) Membership.Provider;
    >
    > You can then call mcp.DoMyCreateUser(...) etc.

    A custom membership provider has to impement the interface
    requirements of a standard membership provider if it is to be used
    transparently. If you need to pass more information than is specified
    by the standard Membeship.Createuser() method then you will have to
    write code for a separate function with the required parameters and
    call it explicitly.

    Does that make any sense?

    Phil H, Dec 29, 2007