how can i deploy a single aspx page globally for all sites in IIS?

Tim_Mac

hi,
i am trying to find the best way of making a single .aspx page
available to any web site on an IIS 6 server. without having multiple
copies floating everywhere.

previously i have used a hardlink for the file and junction point for
the Bin directory, which works well. but not everyone is comfortable
doing this, and it doesn't scale well for many sites if using a GUI
tool such as NtfsLink.

i looked at using a HttpHandler for MyPage.aspx in the global
web.config for the server, but to my knowledge that only means i can
run server side code when a user requests MyPage.aspx. i want to
display the .aspx page and execute its code behind. i'm not sure how
to wire the two together with the global HttpHandler.

any ideas?
many thanks
tim

prabhupr

Usually every site will have a DEFAULT.aspx (or some start page). Why
not render content of your page from each of these DEFAULT.aspx page?

Tim_Mac

hi,
thanks for the reply. i don't want to 'take over' all the web sites.
my page is like a plug-in or add-on feature that is relevant for all
sites, and i'm trying to find the most painless deployment. i could
set up a subdomain for each site pointing to the same folder, and then
render content based on the hostname, but that is still a lot of bloat
for the IIS config.

thanks
tim