how can i deploy crystal reports without MSI

Tim_Mac

hi,
i read the crystal reports documentation on deploying for asp.net, but
they tell you to build a web setup project, which i presume is an msi.
i only have FTP access to the web server and hence can't run MSI's on
it. does this mean i can't use CR in my web app? is there any way
around it?
thanks
tim

Scott Allen

Tim:

You'd have to have the hoster deploy those file as they require a
special step to be properly registered and licensed.

Tim_Mac

hi scott,
thanks for your reply.
is there any way i could ftp the setup file to the server, and execute
it through an aspx web page, using .Net and some COM interop?

cheers
tim

Scott Allen

You might be able to execute the setup with Process.Start, but you'll
need enough privileges to install it. If you are hosting with a
hosting company they typically don't give permissions for this type of
action.