How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer ?

Ken Yu

Hi,

How can i disable "RightClick Menu" in Internet Explorer, when
access the frontpage ?

tks a lot !
Ken

Eliyahu Goldin

Ken,

Setup your oncontextmenu event handler that will do nothing.

Eliyahu

Ken Yu

Eliyahu,

Sorry ! I want to disable "RightClick Menu" in WebForm ?

How can do that ?

tks a lot !
Ken

Eliyahu Goldin

Ken,

When you right-click an html element, browser triggers oncontextmenu event.
The menu you see now is generated by the default event handler. You want to
disable the default behavior. To do this, you can write your own javascript
event handler for oncontextmenu event that will just do nothing. So nothing
will happen when you right-click.

Eliyahu

Kevin Spencer

Chances are, you don't want to disable right-click. You only think you do.
What do you think yuou will accomplish with this? For example, some newbie
web developers think that they can prevent people from copying images with
such a trick. However, this is not possible. Generally speaking, disabling
browser functionality is a bad idea, and is usually a kluge that substitutes
for good design.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Eliyahu Goldin

I agree to the point that disabling browser functionality is a bad idea, but
you don't have to disable the standard menu whatsoever.

I am using rightclick a lot for standard windows form-like popup menu
functionality. In a standard screen, where you have a datagrid for selecting
rows, it is quite naturally to be able to rightclick a row and choose an
action from the popup. You still can get the browser's standard menu when
you click on other areas of the window.

Eliyahu

Kevin Spencer said:
Chances are, you don't want to disable right-click. You only think you do.
What do you think yuou will accomplish with this? For example, some newbie
web developers think that they can prevent people from copying images with
such a trick. However, this is not possible. Generally speaking, and is
usually a kluge that substitutes

Kevin Spencer

Hi Eliyahu,

Now, THERE's an example of good design!

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Justin Beckwith

just handle the oncontextmenu event of the document object, and return false.
Example:
<script language="Javascript">
function document.oncontextmenu() {
return false;