how can i disable the image dragging to the addressbar in a page

ravishankar Maduri

hi friends
i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
please any one know the solution please let me know the result

rf

ravishankar Maduri said:
hi friends
i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
please any one know the solution please let me know the result

You can't.

John Hosking

rf said:
You can't.

Well, shoot, I didn't even know it was possible. Here I've been going
around snooping in the source, copying and pasting path and filenames
together. I'm just learnin' stuff all over the place.

rf

John Hosking said:
Well, shoot, I didn't even know it was possible. Here I've been going
around snooping in the source, copying and pasting path and filenames
together. I'm just learnin' stuff all over the place.

You don't need to drag the image to the browsers address bar. Simply drag it
to the folder you wish to keep it in. Carefull of copyright though :)

Harlan Messinger

John said:
Well, shoot, I didn't even know it was possible. Here I've been going
around snooping in the source, copying and pasting path and filenames
together. I'm just learnin' stuff all over the place.

Well, if the image is hyperlinked, then the link destination will appear
in the new tab instead. On the other hand, Firefox has a View Image
option on an image's context menu, so even then the image is easily
obtained.

Jonathan N. Little

ravishankar said:
hi friends
i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
please any one know the solution please let me know the result

Don't upload them to the server! ;-)

Sometimes a website is so poorly designed that on dialup that is the
only way I can see the image...by removing all the bandwidth-hogging
other stuff, especially those infamous GeoCities totem poll
scroll-o-doom sites...