    i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
    want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
    please any one know the solution please let me know the result
    ravishankar Maduri, Nov 21, 2007

  2. ravishankar Maduri

    rf Guest

    "ravishankar Maduri" <> wrote in message
    > hi friends
    > i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
    > want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
    > please any one know the solution please let me know the result

    You can't.

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 21, 2007

  3. ravishankar Maduri

    John Hosking Guest

    rf wrote:
    > "ravishankar Maduri" <> wrote in message
    >> hi friends
    >> i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
    >> want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
    >> please any one know the solution please let me know the result

    > You can't.

    Well, shoot, I didn't even know it was possible. Here I've been going
    around snooping in the source, copying and pasting path and filenames
    together. I'm just learnin' stuff all over the place.

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/
    John Hosking, Nov 21, 2007
  4. ravishankar Maduri

    rf Guest

    "John Hosking" <> wrote in message
    > rf wrote:
    >> "ravishankar Maduri" <> wrote in message
    >>> hi friends
    >>> i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
    >>> want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
    >>> please any one know the solution please let me know the result

    >> You can't.

    > Well, shoot, I didn't even know it was possible. Here I've been going
    > around snooping in the source, copying and pasting path and filenames
    > together. I'm just learnin' stuff all over the place.

    You don't need to drag the image to the browsers address bar. Simply drag it
    to the folder you wish to keep it in. Carefull of copyright though :)

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 21, 2007
  5. John Hosking wrote:
    > rf wrote:
    >> "ravishankar Maduri" <> wrote in message
    >>> hi friends
    >>> i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
    >>> want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
    >>> please any one know the solution please let me know the result

    >> You can't.

    > Well, shoot, I didn't even know it was possible. Here I've been going
    > around snooping in the source, copying and pasting path and filenames
    > together. I'm just learnin' stuff all over the place.

    Well, if the image is hyperlinked, then the link destination will appear
    in the new tab instead. On the other hand, Firefox has a View Image
    option on an image's context menu, so even then the image is easily
    obtained.
    Harlan Messinger, Nov 21, 2007
  6. ravishankar Maduri wrote:
    > hi friends
    > i want to disable the dragging of image to the addressbar,i donot
    > want to drag the image to the addressbar in my page,i searched alot
    > please any one know the solution please let me know the result

    Don't upload them to the server! ;-)

    Sometimes a website is so poorly designed that on dialup that is the
    only way I can see the image...by removing all the bandwidth-hogging
    other stuff, especially those infamous GeoCities totem poll
    scroll-o-doom sites...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan