How can I do French and English Spell Checking using MS Word from Python

Pater Maximus

I want to use the MS Word spell checker from my Python program. I check the
spelling a word at a time. It works fine for English but I can not force it
to use French when I am using that language.

The French spell checking works find when done directly in the Word window.
I have the automatic language detection turned off, the language set to
French, and keyboard set to French

I am using win32com. Any help appreciated

Ian Parker

Pater Maximus said:
I want to use the MS Word spell checker from my Python program. I check the
spelling a word at a time. It works fine for English but I can not force it
to use French when I am using that language.

The French spell checking works find when done directly in the Word window.
I have the automatic language detection turned off, the language set to
French, and keyboard set to French

I am using win32com. Any help appreciated

I was unsuccessful trying to switch from American to British English
spell-checking, so I eagerly await answers to this thread.

Regards

Ian