    Please Help Me as soon as possible.

    Regards,
    Jamil

    msnews.microsoft.com, Jun 17, 2005

  2. msnews.microsoft.com

    Hans Kesting Guest

    You can't change the text in the addressbar, however what you *can* do
    is: use frames.
    The frameset is the startpage of your site, so the addressbar shows your URL.
    Inside this you can have a frame that contains the other site.

    Notes:
    * some sites have a "break out of frame" script, so you will still lose your URL
    * a lot of sites do not allow being shown inside a "foreign" frameset
    * with javascript you can't access anything inside a "foreign" frame from your outer frameset.

    Some other notes (or rants):
    * you might want to limit the number of newsgroups you send messages to ...
    * most people prefer plain text ..

    Hans Kesting

    "msnews.microsoft.com" <> wrote in message news:%...
    Hi All

    I m facing a problem.
    My Scenario is that i have a table in database with the name of "userprofile".
    In my web site the user enters his personal information for building his profile in our system.
    During building his profile the system asks the user for his personal website link.
    The user enters the link of his web site and this link is stroed in the table userprofile.
    When the another user viewing the profiles of the users stored in my database.
    The visiting user select the user id from the list and then click on the show profile button.
    The visiting user shown the profile of the selected user.
    This profile information also include the Selected user's website link on the page.
    This field is shown as a hyperlink.
    When the visiting user click on that hyperlink then either the new window is opened or the link is opened in the exisiting window.
    My Requirement is that while the visiting user viewing the selected user's website, the addressbar contains the URL of my web site
    instead of the selected user's website link. The visiting user view all the links of the selected user's web site link but the URL
    should never be changed untill he/she change it manually or close the window. How can I do that using ASP.NET.

    Hans Kesting, Jun 17, 2005

  3. One solution is to do something similar to what Google does, which is to
    post to a page on their web site with a QueryString that contains the URL of
    the target web site. Google then redirects to the target web site from its
    own page.

    BTW, cross-posting is bad netiquette, and is more likely to make people
    cross than to get you more replies. Remember that everyone is equally
    important to everyone but yourself.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer