How can I do this?!?!?!?!

pietaster

I have a datagrid that will page with one record at a time. Instead of
showing the record and all the fields that go with it. How can I put a
user control in its place (ie an ascx file)??????

This way I can page like one would in an access database. I read the
article @ microsoft about something similar but it was too dificult to
understand (the code was very hard to follow because it was everywhere
and the download, I could never get to work).

No third party software. I would like to do this on my own. But I dont
know how. So please someone help me.

thanks

Alvin Bruney

I didn't really understand what you were saying so if you would be more
specific I would follow up. Off the top of my head, one quick fix is to set
the row count to 1 and turn on paging, that will get you the same effect.
You can use the itemdatabound event handlers to remove the columns that you
are not interested in.