    number n input from the user, and then
    output the value of the sum of the series
    • S = 12 + 22 + 32+….. + n2

    wahid, Jan 10, 2010

  2. wahid

    Ian Collins Guest

    wahid wrote:
    > • Write a program that will take an integer
    > number n input from the user, and then
    > output the value of the sum of the series
    > • S = 12 + 22 + 32+….. + n2

    Solve the problem on paper, then convert it to code, then post your
    attempt if you have problems.

    Asking people to do your homework is a great way to learn absolutely
    nothing and fail your exams.

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, Jan 10, 2010

  3. wahid

    wahid Guest

    wahid, Jan 10, 2010
  4. wahid

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-01-10, wahid <> wrote:
    > ? Write a program that will take an integer
    > number n input from the user, and then
    > output the value of the sum of the series
    > ? S = 12 + 22 + 32+?.. + n2

    You never post thank-you notes to the people who do your homework, why is
    that?

    -s

    Seebs, Jan 10, 2010
  5. wahid <> writes:
    > • Write a program that will take an integer
    > number n input from the user, and then
    > output the value of the sum of the series
    > • S = 12 + 22 + 32+….. + n2

    Go away and do your own damned homework.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Jan 10, 2010
  6. wahid

    Nick Guest

    Seebs <> writes:

    > On 2010-01-10, wahid <> wrote:
    >> ? Write a program that will take an integer
    >> number n input from the user, and then
    >> output the value of the sum of the series
    >> ? S = 12 + 22 + 32+?.. + n2

    > You never post thank-you notes to the people who do your homework, why is
    > that?

    He did to the last one (the print the three digits). There were some
    beautiful answers there, I wonder which one he used.

    Nick, Jan 10, 2010
  7. wahid

    Ike Naar Guest

    In article <>,
    wahid <> wrote:
    >On Jan 10, 1:05 pm, wahid <> wrote:
    >> • Write a program that will take an integer
    >> number n input from the user, and then
    >> output the value of the sum of the series
    >> • S = 1^2 + 2^2 + 3^2+….. + n^2

    #include<stdio.h>/**/
    int main(void){int n;
    scanf("%d",&n);printf
    ("%d\n",(((n<<1)+(1<<
    1)+1)*n+1)*n/(((1<<1)
    +1)<<1));return 1-1;}

    Ike Naar, Jan 10, 2010
  8. On 10 Jan 2010 at 7:05, wahid wrote:
    > • Write a program that will take an integer
    > number n input from the user, and then
    > output the value of the sum of the series
    > • S = 12 + 22 + 32+….. + n2

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <limits.h>

    int main(void)
    {
    int d, rv = 0;
    fputs("Enter a Number: ", stdout);
    fflush(stdout);
    if(scanf("%d", &d) == 1 && d > 0) {
    if((7. + 5 * d) * d > ULLONG_MAX) {
    fputs("Integer overflow\n", stderr);
    rv = 1;
    } else
    printf("12 + 22 + ... + %d2 = %llu\n", d, (7ULL + 5 * d) * d);
    }
    else {
    fputs("Invalid input: needed a positive integer\n", stderr);
    rv = 1;
    }
    return rv;
    }

    Antoninus Twink, Jan 10, 2010
  9. wahid

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 1/10/2010 2:05 AM, wahid wrote:
    > • Write a program that will take an integer
    > number n input from the user, and then
    > output the value of the sum of the series
    > • S = 12 + 22 + 32+….. + n2

    Sounds like a bad idea. If the program takes an integer
    from the user each time it is run, how can the user get the
    integer back again? Think of how inconvenient it would be if
    you gave away 3, say, and could never use it again: You could
    never again sing "Three Blind Mice" or listen to the Threepenny
    Opera or celebrate Epiphany, or ride in a train powered by an
    electrified third rail. The Holy Trinity would reject you, and
    the entire month of March would be lost to you forever!

    You could, I guess, select an "unlikely" integer as the
    one to give away, but it seems awfully hard to choose one that
    you're certain you'll never need again. The very fact that
    you chose it once indicates that it is far more likely to crop
    up than almost all other integers. Also, if you give the
    integer to an early version of the program, discover that the
    program has a bug, and fix it, how will you test the fix? You
    no longer have the integer that caused the misbehavior, and
    can thus not be sure you've actually fixed the problem.

    Wahid, I think you should go to your teacher and point out
    these serious drawbacks. Tell him or her that the assignment
    threatens those who complete it with a sort of progressive
    innumeracy by depriving them of another integer each time they
    run the code. Tell him or her, in short, that he or she is
    either a sadist or a fool, and ask for a substitute assignment.
    No, not "ask," but "demand:" it's your right as a diligent
    student.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid

    Eric Sosman, Jan 10, 2010
  10. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >wahid <> writes:
    >> • Write a program that will take an integer
    >> number n input from the user, and then
    >> output the value of the sum of the series
    >> • S = 12 + 22 + 32+….. + n2

    >Go away and do your own damned homework.

    Temper, temper, my good man!

    Where the Kiki we all know and love, who is so eager to "help" people?

    That is your reason for being here, isn't it?
    (As you've said in the past, when I've asked you directly why you are here)

    Kenny McCormack, Jan 10, 2010