How can I encode something in base32 preferably very fast?

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. I want to encode a plaindigest or a hexdigest in base 32. Any hints?

    Elmo
     
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 25, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 17:23 +0300, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:
    > I want to encode a plaindigest or a hexdigest in base 32. Any hints?


    Search Google for "python base32" isn't as hard...

    First result are the original python lib documentation:
    http://docs.python.org/lib/module-base64.html

    I think you need to convert to a String before encoding...

    Have fun,
    --
    Johannes Findeisen
    http://hanez.org/
     
    Johannes Findeisen, Jul 25, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:51:05 +0200, Johannes Findeisen wrote:

    > On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 17:23 +0300, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:
    >> I want to encode a plaindigest or a hexdigest in base 32. Any hints?

    >
    > Search Google for "python base32" isn't as hard...
    >
    > First result are the original python lib documentation:
    > http://docs.python.org/lib/module-base64.html
    >
    > I think you need to convert to a String before encoding...
    >
    > Have fun,


    I thought I had looked at that particular module:). Thanks for pointing it
    out.

    Elmo
     
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 25, 2005
    #3
  4. On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:15:36 +0300, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:

    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:51:05 +0200, Johannes Findeisen wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 17:23 +0300, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:
    >>> I want to encode a plaindigest or a hexdigest in base 32. Any hints?

    >>
    >> Search Google for "python base32" isn't as hard...
    >>
    >> First result are the original python lib documentation:
    >> http://docs.python.org/lib/module-base64.html
    >>
    >> I think you need to convert to a String before encoding...
    >>
    >> Have fun,

    >
    > I thought I had looked at that particular module:). Thanks for pointing it
    > out.
    >
    > Elmo


    I'm using python2.3(because of my distro of choise, debian) and did a
    help(base64) and of course didn't see anything about base32:). Now i have
    good reason to change to 2.4:) Thanks

    Elmo
     
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 25, 2005
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jon Paskett

    Convert a Base32 string to Base10 integer

    Jon Paskett, Dec 18, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,119
    Nathan Sokalski
    Dec 18, 2005
  2. Marc

    Base32 Encoding

    Marc, Jul 6, 2003, in forum: C++
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,087
    Victor Bazarov
    Jul 6, 2003
  3. Raymond Arthur St. Marie II of III

    very Very VERY dumb Question About The new Set( ) 's

    Raymond Arthur St. Marie II of III, Jul 23, 2003, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    483
    Raymond Hettinger
    Jul 27, 2003
  4. =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=

    How can I get an sha1 hash in base32?

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 23, 2005, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    978
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=
    Jul 24, 2005
  5. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,027
Loading...

Share This Page