How can I extend the ASP.NET DataGrid ?

Rick

If I create a class that inherits from the asp.net datagrid, and the
enhancements only relate to the codebehind, what does the grid's html look
like in design mode? I mean, whereas I might have an unadorned DataGrid as
such...

<ASP:DataGrid id="aspDataGrid" runat="server" ...
templates and stuff
</ASP:DataGrid>

and I create a class like so:

public class SuperGrid : DataGrid

can I write in the HTML designer:

<ASP:SuperGrid id="myGrid" runat="server"...
templates and stuff
</ASP:SuperGrid>

Guest

Rick,
The "SuperGrid"'s markup in the ASPX page should look identical to the
DataGrid class that you've derived it from, unless you have overridden any of
the Render methods.
Peter