    also the data that is in the row that correspondes to that checkbox. How can
    I do that?

    Thanks a bunch.
    Ken Adams, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Ken Adams wrote:

    > Basically I have built a table that has a check box column in it as well
    > as a some other data on each row. So I want to once submit of the form has
    > been pressed to not only pass the data that says which checkbox was
    > selected but also the data that is in the row that correspondes to that
    > checkbox. How can I do that?

    Short of encoding the entire contents of the row in the value attribute of
    the checkbox (or resorting to unreliable JavaScript) you can't. I'd just
    stick a reference to the right part of the data source in the checkbox
    value.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Ken Adams

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Ken Adams ... output:

    > How can
    > I do that?

    This task is more wanted when you whish to include continuously changing
    data from another webpage into yours. It can be done with php someone told
    me.
    Won't it be better to pass your information with the 'value' attribute in
    your case?

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Mar 10, 2005
  4. Ken Adams

    GeorgeL

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Re: HTML - How can I extract the information from an html table?

    No doubt, I would recommend Newbie Web Automation to automate extracting data from html tables, http://www.mynewbie.com

    George
    GeorgeL, Jul 16, 2007