How can I find a freelance programmer?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jorge Godoy, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Jorge Godoy

    Jorge Godoy Guest

    Charles <> writes:

    > I am looking for a freelance Python programmer to create a cross-platform
    > application with wxPython.
    > Any idea where I could find one?

    Here? At Python-jobs? :) At the wxPython mailing list?

    --
    Jorge Godoy <>

    - Qualquer coisa dita em latim soa profundo.
    - Anything said in Latin sounds smart.

    Jorge Godoy, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Jorge Godoy

    Charles Guest

    Hello,

    I am looking for a freelance Python programmer to create a cross-platform
    application with wxPython.
    Any idea where I could find one?
    Thanks,

    --
    Charles.
    landemaine[at]gmail[dot]com

    Charles, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Jorge Godoy

    Tim Parkin Guest

    Charles wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am looking for a freelance Python programmer to create a cross-platform
    >application with wxPython.
    >Any idea where I could find one?
    >Thanks,

    You could ask Steve Holden? - that'll be 10% commission Steve! ;-)

    Tim Parkin

    Tim Parkin, Feb 14, 2006
  4. That's not Steve Holden. Steve Holden is a folk hero around here, in
    fact when the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his
    closet for Steve Holden.

    sorry, just want an excuse to use a Chuck Norris fact ;-)
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

    -Greg

    On 2/14/06, Charles <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:46:46 -0300, Tim Parkin <> wrote:
    >
    > > You could ask Steve Holden? - that'll be 10% commission Steve! ;-)

    > Him: http://sholden.typepad.com/ ?
    >

    > --
    > Charles.
    >
    > Desenvolvimento e criação de sites: www.auriance.com
    > Hospedagem de sites e servidores dedicados: www.auriance.net

    Gregory Piñero
    Chief Innovation Officer
    Blended Technologies
    (www.blendedtechnologies.com)

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gregory_Pi=F1ero?=, Feb 14, 2006
  5. Jorge Godoy

    Steve Holden Guest

    Tim Parkin wrote:
    > Charles wrote:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I am looking for a freelance Python programmer to create a cross-platform
    >>application with wxPython.
    >>Any idea where I could find one?
    >>Thanks,
    >>

    > You could ask Steve Holden? - that'll be 10% commission Steve! ;-)

    Hi, Charles

    How can I help you? I'm fairly experienced with Python, and I'm giving a
    wxPython tutorial at PyCon in a week's time, so I know the technologies
    you need. What's the requirement?

    [Thanks, Tim: can I pay you in beer? :)]

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Holden Web LLC www.holdenweb.com

    Steve Holden, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Jorge Godoy

    Charles Guest

    Charles, Feb 14, 2006
  7. Jorge Godoy

    Peter Decker Guest

    On 2/14/06, Charles <> wrote:

    > I am looking for a freelance Python programmer to create a cross-platform
    > application with wxPython.
    > Any idea where I could find one?

    You should check out the Dabo project, which is a very impressive
    framework that uses wxPython for its UI. The authors are both
    independent programmers, and they sure know their stuff.

    --

    # p.d.

    Peter Decker, Feb 14, 2006