    use HTML::TokeParser
    use LWP::Simple
    , Apr 7, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > for example I would like to know what other methods each of these
    > modules encapulate.

    Then why don't you just check the documentation for those modules?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Apr 7, 2006

  3. <> wrote:

    > Subject: how can I find out more info of each cgi/perl modules

    To supply "more info", we need to know what info you already have...

    > for example I would like to know what other methods each of these
    > modules encapulate.

    "other" than what?

    Other than the methods described in the module's documentation?

    You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Joe Smith Guest

    wrote:
    > for example I would like to know what other methods each of these
    > modules encapulate. I use windows 2000 at home and have indigoperl
    > installed on my computer. i also have linux on a separate computer and
    > can easily install perl/apache on this computer.
    >
    > use CGI::pretty
    > use HTML::TokeParser
    > use LWP::Simple

    C:\>perldoc LWP::Simple
    or
    linux% perldoc LWP::Simple

    So why haven't you tried those commands?
    -Joe
    Joe Smith, Apr 9, 2006

    Tad McClellan wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Subject: how can I find out more info of each cgi/perl modules

    > To supply "more info", we need to know what info you already have...
    >

    > > for example I would like to know what other methods each of these
    > > modules encapulate.

    > "other" than what?
    >
    > Other than the methods described in the module's documentation?
    >
    > You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?
    >

    > --
    > Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    > Perl programming
    > Fort Worth, Texas

    Sorry for the late posting everyone all I would like to do is know all
    of the methods of the above classes/modules thats all. I have used
    these methods want further info on others nothing in particular but
    just to know the library of whats available.

    $parser->get_tag('a'))
    $parser->get_text();
    $parser->get_trimmed_text();
    , Apr 11, 2006
  6. Anno Siegel Guest

    <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > Tad McClellan wrote:
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Subject: how can I find out more info of each cgi/perl modules

    > > To supply "more info", we need to know what info you already have...
    > >

    > > > for example I would like to know what other methods each of these
    > > > modules encapulate.

    > > "other" than what?
    > >
    > > Other than the methods described in the module's documentation?
    > >
    > > You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    > > Perl programming
    > > Fort Worth, Texas

    > Sorry for the late posting everyone all I would like to do is know all
    > of the methods of the above classes/modules thats all. I have used
    > these methods want further info on others nothing in particular but
    > just to know the library of whats available.
    >
    > $parser->get_tag('a'))
    > $parser->get_text();
    > $parser->get_trimmed_text();

    Well, have you read the documentation that comes with your module(s)?
    Type "perldoc HTML::TokeParser" at a command prompt and see what you
    get. If that doesn't tell you what you need to know, there is always
    the source.

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, Apr 11, 2006
  7. <> wrote:
    > Tad McClellan wrote:
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Subject: how can I find out more info of each cgi/perl modules

    >> You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?

    > just to know the library of whats available.

    That information should be in the documentation that came with the module.

    You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?

    (that is not a rhetorical question, I'm hoping for an actual answer to it.)

    Tad McClellan, Apr 11, 2006

    Tad McClellan wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    > > Tad McClellan wrote:

    > >> You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?

    > > just to know the library of whats available.

    > That information should be in the documentation that came with the module.
    >
    > You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?
    >
    > (that is not a rhetorical question, I'm hoping for an actual answer to it.)
    >

    > --
    > Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    > Perl programming
    > Fort Worth, Texas

    Thanks everyone thats what I was looking for (excuse me for being duh
    I've just started with perl) the command "perldoc html:tokeparser".
    Just hopefully to difuse any frustrations with my question for which I
    apologize. I started learning perl at school and I've been using
    putty/winscp361.exe to run and execute my scripts. I've also installed
    indigoperl (which runs on Windows) on a second PC which allows me to
    run my scripts from home just in case. I also have a third machine
    running linux but not perl/apache. I did not know the above command or
    any other commands I can run in order to get more info on perl and on
    any modules.

    Regards
    , Apr 12, 2006
  9. robic0 Guest

    On 11 Apr 2006 19:14:26 -0700, "" <> wrote:

    >Tad McClellan wrote:
    >> <> wrote:

    >> > just to know the library of whats available.

    >> That information should be in the documentation that came with the module.
    >>
    >> You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?
    >>
    >> (that is not a rhetorical question, I'm hoping for an actual answer to it.)
    >>

    >> --
    >> Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    >> Perl programming
    >> Fort Worth, Texas

    >Thanks everyone thats what I was looking for (excuse me for being duh
    >I've just started with perl) the command "perldoc html:tokeparser".
    >Just hopefully to difuse any frustrations with my question for which I
    >apologize. I started learning perl at school and I've been using
    >putty/winscp361.exe to run and execute my scripts. I've also installed
    >indigoperl (which runs on Windows) on a second PC which allows me to
    >run my scripts from home just in case. I also have a third machine
    >running linux but not perl/apache. I did not know the above command or
    >any other commands I can run in order to get more info on perl and on
    >any modules.
    >
    >Regards

    So, how much money does it put in your pocket? Seems even the illeaglas can
    do it then.........
    robic0, Apr 12, 2006
  10. robic0 Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:22:18 -0700, robic0 wrote:

    >On 11 Apr 2006 19:14:26 -0700, "" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Tad McClellan wrote:

    >>> That information should be in the documentation that came with the module.
    >>>
    >>> You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?
    >>>
    >>> (that is not a rhetorical question, I'm hoping for an actual answer to it.)
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    >>> Perl programming
    >>> Fort Worth, Texas

    >>Thanks everyone thats what I was looking for (excuse me for being duh
    >>I've just started with perl) the command "perldoc html:tokeparser".
    >>Just hopefully to difuse any frustrations with my question for which I
    >>apologize. I started learning perl at school and I've been using
    >>putty/winscp361.exe to run and execute my scripts. I've also installed
    >>indigoperl (which runs on Windows) on a second PC which allows me to
    >>run my scripts from home just in case. I also have a third machine
    >>running linux but not perl/apache. I did not know the above command or
    >>any other commands I can run in order to get more info on perl and on
    >>any modules.
    >>
    >>Regards

    >So, how much money does it put in your pocket? Seems even the illeaglas can
    >do it then.........

    I mean Mexicali cgi...... Phishing !!
    robic0, Apr 12, 2006
  11. "" <> wrote in

    > Tad McClellan wrote:

    >> You _have_ read the module's documentation haven't you?
    >>
    >> (that is not a rhetorical question, I'm hoping for an actual answer
    >> to it.)
    >>

    >> --
    >> Tad McClellan SGML consulting

    Don't quote signatures.

    >> Perl programming
    >> Fort Worth, Texas

    > Thanks everyone thats what I was looking for (excuse me for being duh
    > I've just started with perl) the command "perldoc html:tokeparser".

    > I did not know the above command or
    > any other commands I can run in order to get more info on perl and on
    > any modules.

    Reading the posting guidelines would have helped.

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Apr 12, 2006