    encoding => "7bit",
    multipart => 'related

    All help is appreciated.

    ab, Sep 11, 2007

  2. ab

    Alex Guest

    ab wrote:
    > My script is sending e-mails to certain parties. It runs fine. Now I
    > want to have the recipients of my Perl created e-mail to see a colored
    > (say: red) subject. How can I direct my mail header to do this or
    > should I use a trick? All our customers use Outlook.

    This is not really a question about Perl. It /could/ be a question about
    a Perl module, but your not specifying which (if any) module you are
    using. If so, you should check the documentation, but I'd be very
    surprised to find the functionality you are looking for in a
    Perl-module, since coloured subject lines are not a feature of the
    e-mail standard (see RFC 2822, link below). The fact that your customers
    are using Outlook is irrelevant to Perl.

    RFC 2822:
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2822.txt

    -- Alex
    localpart = alext
    domain = iki dot fi
    email = localpart at domain

    Alex, Sep 11, 2007

  3. On Sep 11, 11:11 am, ab <> wrote:
    > My script is sending e-mails to certain parties. It runs fine. Now I
    > want to have the recipients of my Perl created e-mail to see a colored
    > (say: red) subject. How can I direct my mail header to do this or
    > should I use a trick? All our customers use Outlook.
    >
    > I'm using this format to crfeate the e-mail:
    >
    > from => '',
    > to => '',
    > subject => "this is the subject",
    > encoding => "7bit",
    > multipart => 'related
    >
    > All help is appreciated.

    Is that even supported by Outlook?

    Spiros

    Spiros Denaxas, Sep 11, 2007
  4. ab wrote:
    > My script is sending e-mails to certain parties. It runs fine. Now I
    > want to have the recipients of my Perl created e-mail to see a colored
    > (say: red) subject. How can I direct my mail header to do this or
    > should I use a trick? All our customers use Outlook.
    >
    > I'm using this format to crfeate the e-mail:
    >
    > from => '',
    > to => '',
    > subject => "this is the subject",
    > encoding => "7bit",
    > multipart => 'related
    >
    > All help is appreciated.

    You may (I'm guessing here) want to try setting a header that is
    understood by Outlook to indicate priority, maybe X-Priority or
    X-MSMail-Priority. You don't say which module you're using to send mail
    so I can't help you with exactly how you'd accomplish that.

    Mark

    Mark Clements, Sep 11, 2007
  5. ab

    ab Guest