How can I get a colored subject in my Perl created e-mails.

ab

My script is sending e-mails to certain parties. It runs fine. Now I
want to have the recipients of my Perl created e-mail to see a colored
(say: red) subject. How can I direct my mail header to do this or
should I use a trick? All our customers use Outlook.

I'm using this format to crfeate the e-mail:

from => '(e-mail address removed)',
to => '(e-mail address removed)',
subject => "this is the subject",
encoding => "7bit",
multipart => 'related

All help is appreciated.

Alex

ab said:
My script is sending e-mails to certain parties. It runs fine. Now I
want to have the recipients of my Perl created e-mail to see a colored
(say: red) subject. How can I direct my mail header to do this or
should I use a trick? All our customers use Outlook.

This is not really a question about Perl. It /could/ be a question about
a Perl module, but your not specifying which (if any) module you are
using. If so, you should check the documentation, but I'd be very
surprised to find the functionality you are looking for in a
Perl-module, since coloured subject lines are not a feature of the
e-mail standard (see RFC 2822, link below). The fact that your customers
are using Outlook is irrelevant to Perl.

RFC 2822:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2822.txt

-- Alex
localpart = alext
domain = iki dot fi
email = localpart at domain

Spiros Denaxas

My script is sending e-mails to certain parties. It runs fine. Now I
want to have the recipients of my Perl created e-mail to see a colored
(say: red) subject. How can I direct my mail header to do this or
should I use a trick? All our customers use Outlook.

I'm using this format to crfeate the e-mail:

from => '(e-mail address removed)',
to => '(e-mail address removed)',
subject => "this is the subject",
encoding => "7bit",
multipart => 'related

All help is appreciated.

Is that even supported by Outlook?

Spiros

Mark Clements

ab said:
My script is sending e-mails to certain parties. It runs fine. Now I
want to have the recipients of my Perl created e-mail to see a colored
(say: red) subject. How can I direct my mail header to do this or
should I use a trick? All our customers use Outlook.

I'm using this format to crfeate the e-mail:

from => '(e-mail address removed)',
to => '(e-mail address removed)',
subject => "this is the subject",
encoding => "7bit",
multipart => 'related

All help is appreciated.
You may (I'm guessing here) want to try setting a header that is
understood by Outlook to indicate priority, maybe X-Priority or
X-MSMail-Priority. You don't say which module you're using to send mail
so I can't help you with exactly how you'd accomplish that.

Mark

ab

Thanks for now. Get back to you.

Ab

You may (I'm guessing here) want to try setting a header that is
understood by Outlook to indicate priority, maybe X-Priority or
X-MSMail-Priority. You don't say which module you're using to send mail
so I can't help you with exactly how you'd accomplish that.

Mark- Hide quoted text -