How can I get a JavaScript function to get called upon subsequent loads...

TheBelangerFamily

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I want to be able to scan a series of search results web pages for updates.
The way I currently have it is I created a document, called main, with two
frames, named search and scanner. In the scanner frame, I have a JavaScript
function, start, I want to execute to scan the contents of the search frame.
In the search frame, I initially have a blank document. The frameset in
main has an onLoad event handler defined to it, which calls scanner.start().
When this frameset is initially loaded, scanner.start is called. In this
code, I determine that this is the first call, so I use document.write to
write a frameset with a single frame and a onLoad to call the same
scanner.start function. The single frame has a URL which will generate the
first page of the search. When this frameset is loaded, the scanner.start
function is called again. This time it performs the same steps, except that
the frame URL is for the second page of the search. Unfortunately, this
does not cause the scanner.start function to get called again. How can I
get the scanner.start function to get called after each successive search
page is completely loaded? I have a feeling there is some state variable
someplace that needs to get reset, maybe by using a dummy onUnload function,
or something. Does anyone have any ideas, or a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Jon.