How can I get a nicer HTML output from POD parsers???

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dede, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. dede

    dede Guest

    Dear community,

    from using the tools pod2html and pod2htmltree I understand that I might add
    a stylesheet-file (*.css) to modify the appearance of the generated tags of
    the html-resultfiles.

    Now, what I would like to understand is how to use e.g.

    - these fancy grey tables for code fragments (usually parsed with <pre>-tag) !
    - colored boxes around the head1, head2 tags (like activestate) !
    - special: embedd pictures (ie. GIF or JPG-links) !

    Can anybody tell me what tool, module, configuration I have to use in order
    to modify the output of the POD -> HTML parsing process?

    Thank you in advance,

    Andreas
    dede, Aug 5, 2004

  2. [ Didn't reply to the defunct group comp.lang.perl. ]

    dede wrote:
    > from using the tools pod2html and pod2htmltree I understand that I might add
    > a stylesheet-file (*.css) to modify the appearance of the generated tags of
    > the html-resultfiles.
    >
    > Now, what I would like to understand is how to use e.g.
    >
    > - these fancy grey tables for code fragments (usually parsed with <pre>-tag) !

    Have you studied "perldoc perlpod"?

    > - colored boxes around the head1, head2 tags (like activestate) !

    Can be done with style sheets.

    > - special: embedd pictures (ie. GIF or JPG-links) !

    Not sure.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Aug 5, 2004