  1. Guest

    How can i get rubys on rails on my computer(fast and ez)?
    , Dec 10, 2007

  2. Ron Fox Guest

    wrote:
    > How can i get rubys on rails on my computer(fast and ez)?

    Instant rails
    Ron Fox, Dec 11, 2007

  3. John Wilger Guest

    On Dec 10, 9:47 am, wrote:
    > How can i get rubys on rails on my computer(fast and ez)?

    Buy a Mac with Leopard installed. ;-)
    John Wilger, Dec 11, 2007
  4. clouder Guest

    Windows: I'd use Ruby One Click Installer, which comes with gems then
    in cmd.exe > gems install rails (I always get a timeout or something
    the first time then do it again and it works fine)

    Ubuntu: apt-get rails (if your on 7.10 and above I believe) Although
    I recommend apt-getting ruby and compiling RubyGems so you have the
    option of having the latest and greatest of both gem itself and
    versions of whatever gems you choose to install. Then again just $ gem
    install rails (sudo as needed)

    Other Linux: Best bet is using the distros apt, yum, or equivalent.
    Which if your not your most likely compiling and you probably wouldn't
    be asking this question if you were already compiling software on
    Linux.

    MacOS: no idea, but I it comes with it I think it was people are
    saying?

    clouder, Dec 11, 2007
  5. Ron Fox Guest

    John Wilger wrote:
    > On Dec 10, 9:47 am, wrote:
    >> How can i get rubys on rails on my computer(fast and ez)?

    > Buy a Mac with Leopard installed. ;-)

    Install e.g. ubuntu linux and use apt-get install rails :-D
    Ron Fox, Dec 12, 2007