How can I get the encode of a txt file and convert it into UTF-8?

ZSP747

How can I get the encode of a txt file and convert it into UTF-8?
I just want to find a class can do this in a simple way.
And if I want to handled a UTF-8 string which class should it use?
Can ofstream output files in UTF-8?How can I do it?
Thanks.

dc

I think this is a I18N related question. U will get better answers in
those group,

Anyways, in windows we have widechartomultibyte(),..
apis to acheive conversions.