how can I get the Role id (Guid)?

Jeff

hi

asp.net 3.5

I wonder how to get the Guid id for a role, lets say I have created the role
'Users' how can I in my code get the Guid id for that role?

(this is asp.net roles stored in aspnet_Roles)

I ask because I'm asked to create a message system on the website, be able
to send message to specific users or users belonging to specific groups....
So I have a drop downlist of roles where user can select the receipent
role....

any ideas getting that id?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Query the database. The tables are not locked, so you can query them at
will. The table in question, unless you have created your own custom
provider(s), is ASPNET_Roles. You can also find users in a role in
ASPNET_UsersInRoles.

Jeff

thanks I will do that, thanks :)

--