How can I get the size of a ASCII file?

alex

HI,all:
I use ofstream of stl to manange a file, but how can I get size of
the file?

// open file
std::eek:fstream * log = new std::eek:fstream( "test.log" );
// get size
???

Stu

alex said:
HI,all:
I use ofstream of stl to manange a file, but how can I get size of
the file?

// open file
std::eek:fstream * log = new std::eek:fstream( "test.log" );
// get size
???

Simple, you just opened it for output and truncated it, so the file size is
zero...

Stu

alex

I think I make a mistake.
// Fix...
std::eek:fstream * log = new std::eek:fstream( "test.log",ios::app|ios::eek:ut
);

hacker++

alex said:
I think I make a mistake.
// Fix...
std::eek:fstream * log = new std::eek:fstream( "test.log",ios::app|ios::eek:ut
);

Hint: It's possible to randomly select your position in the file and
know your current positon at any time.

shanemjtownsend

#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
using namespace std;

ofstream file("f:\\test.log",ios::app|ios::eek:ut );
file << "Hello World"; // push out some crap
file.seekp(0,ios::end); // seek end of file
ios::pos_type pos = file.tellp(); // get current position
cout << pos;
file.close();