  1. When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7, but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6. How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?

    Apple docs generally recommend downloading Java directly from Oracle, but I don't see a Mac version listed on the Oracle download page for Java SE 6.

    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ownloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u45-oth-JPR

    Andrew Pennebaker, Oct 25, 2013

  2. Andrew Pennebaker

    Lew Guest

    On Friday, October 25, 2013 11:19:17 AM UTC-7, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
    > When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7, but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6. How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?
    >
    > Apple docs generally recommend downloading Java directly from Oracle, but I don't see a Mac version listed on the Oracle download page for Java SE 6.

    Read those "Apple docs" again.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Java 6 for the Mac

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 25, 2013

  3. Andrew Pennebaker

    Guest

    , Oct 25, 2013
  4. Andrew Pennebaker

    Guest

    , Oct 25, 2013
  5. Andrew Pennebaker

    Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > Ah, Apple Support lists an installer for JDK 6 that works on Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

    Oh, good, you read the docs again. Java 6 and below for the Mac has always been provided by Apple.

    > Could we please add it to the Jave SE 6 downloads at the Oracle archive? It would be nice to keep all the installers of Java 6 on one domain, for better organization.

    Whom are you asking?

    This is not Oracle.

    Furthermore, that is an Apple issue. Oracle doesn't support it. Why should they list it?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 25, 2013
  6. Andrew Pennebaker

    Guest

    On Friday, October 25, 2013 1:19:17 PM UTC-5, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
    > When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7, but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6. How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?
    >

    > Apple docs generally recommend downloading Java directly from Oracle, but I don't see a Mac version listed on the Oracle download page for Java SE 6.
    >

    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ownloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u45-oth-JPR

    The Apple link installs Java SE 6 the JRE, not the JDK. Any clues about how to get a JDK 6 that will run on Mavericks?

    --
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential
    and only for the use of the intended addressee(s). If you have received

    , Jan 29, 2014
  7. Andrew Pennebaker

    markspace Guest

    On 1/29/2014 3:14 PM, wrote:

    > The Apple link installs Java SE 6 the JRE, not the JDK. Any clues
    > about how to get a JDK 6 that will run on Mavericks?

    OpenJDK maybe? That's what I used on the one Linux server I setup to
    run JBoss.

    markspace, Jan 30, 2014
  8. Andrew Pennebaker

    markspace Guest

    Project status page is here: Looks like they have one port done and are
    working on another (upgrade)

    <https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/MacOSXPort/Mac+OS+X+Port+Project+Status>

    markspace, Jan 30, 2014
  9. On 1/29/14, 6:14 PM, wrote:
    > On Friday, October 25, 2013 1:19:17 PM UTC-5, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
    >> When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7, but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6. How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?
    >>
    >> Apple docs generally recommend downloading Java directly from Oracle, but I don't see a Mac version listed on the Oracle download page for Java SE 6.
    >>
    >> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ownloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u45-oth-JPR

    > The Apple link installs Java SE 6 the JRE, not the JDK. Any clues
    > about how to get a JDK 6 that will run on Mavericks?

    You may be looking for "Java for OS X 2013-005" at
    <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572>, cited here
    <http://stackoverflow.com/a/19535253/230513>.

    If you want to add it to the Java Platforms in NetBeans, it's installed
    in /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Jan 31, 2014
  10. Andrew Pennebaker

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:14:38 -0800 (PST), wrote,

    >When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7,
    >but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6.
    >How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?

    Mavericks is just a recent version of Apple OSX, right?
    Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it
    impossible for anyone to accomplish.
    ~ Marcus Aurelius 121-04-26 180-03-17

    Roedy Green, Feb 3, 2014
  11. Andrew Pennebaker

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 2/3/2014 4:34 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:14:38 -0800 (PST), wrote,
    >
    >> When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7,
    >> but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6.
    >> How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?

    > Mavericks is just a recent version of Apple OSX, right?

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=macos x mavericks

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 3, 2014