How can I install Java SE 6 on Mavericks?

L

Lew

When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7, but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6. How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?

Apple docs generally recommend downloading Java directly from Oracle, but I don't see a Mac version listed on the Oracle download page for Java SE 6.

Read those "Apple docs" again.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Java+6+for+the+Mac

L

Lew

Ah, Apple Support lists an installer for JDK 6 that works on Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

Oh, good, you read the docs again. Java 6 and below for the Mac has always been provided by Apple.
Could we please add it to the Jave SE 6 downloads at the Oracle archive? It would be nice to keep all the installers of Java 6 on one domain, for better organization.

Whom are you asking?

This is not Oracle.

Furthermore, that is an Apple issue. Oracle doesn't support it. Why should they list it?

K

komara

When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7, but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6. How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?

Apple docs generally recommend downloading Java directly from Oracle, but I don't see a Mac version listed on the Oracle download page for Java SE 6.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ownloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u45-oth-JPR

The Apple link installs Java SE 6 the JRE, not the JDK. Any clues about how to get a JDK 6 that will run on Mavericks?

--
Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential
and only for the use of the intended addressee(s). If you have received
this communication in error, any disclosure or use of such information is
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies. Thank you.

M

markspace

The Apple link installs Java SE 6 the JRE, not the JDK. Any clues
about how to get a JDK 6 that will run on Mavericks?

OpenJDK maybe? That's what I used on the one Linux server I setup to
run JBoss.

R

Roedy Green

When I upgrade to Mavericks, it uninstalls Java 1.6. I can install Java 7,
but for some applications and development work, I still need access to Java 6.
How can I reinstall Java 6 in Mavericks?

Mavericks is just a recent version of Apple OSX, right?

Ask a Question